A quick summary of interesting articles and news related to technology and policy from around the web:
- Tim Wang, Karen Kornbluh & Kara Swisher delve into national security and if the US will need to partner tech companies in addition to our traditional allies
- China to give land tax breaks to technology incubation and innovation centers as part of broad policy drive
- Over on Lawfare, Michael P. Fischerkeller and Richard J. Harknett propose a path towards creating norms in Cyber Security
- Anne Longfield, OBE, the Children’s Commissioner for England, highlights the risks around datafying our children without understand the consequences
- The FDA is looking at imposing regulations on a new technology: vaping.
- Joanna Stern of the WSJ reviews the new Portal by Facebook, with one caveat: she wouldn’t place it in her home due to the ongoing FB privacy concerns
- Deep fakes come to Instagram in the form of new app called Manly